COFFEE AIRFOILERS MODEL AIRPLANE CLUB BYLAWS
The Coffee Airfoilers Model Airplane Club is a community based club devoted to the promotion and enjoyment of the sport of model aviation. The objectives of the organization will be to promote the building and flying of model aircraft and to advance model aviation.
The name of this organization will be the Coffee Airfoilers Model Airplane Club. The club is a not for profit organization under the laws of the state of Tennessee. The Club is also a chartered club of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), a non-profit organization incorporated under the laws of the state of Indiana.
Membership is open to anyone who holds a full AMA membership.
The club will carry the maximum allowable additional flying site insurance coverage as required by Arnold Air Force Base (AAFB) provided by the Academy of Model Aeronautics to provide public liability and property damage insurance to the Arnold Air Force Base and/or other flying site owners.
The Officers of the Coffee Airfoilers Model Airplane Club are: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five additional Board Members.
1. The President will preside at all meetings of the Club and act as club spokesperson.
2. The Vice-President will act for the President when he/she is unable to serve.
3. The Secretary will keep the minutes of all meetings, provide meeting information and notice for all club members, handle all correspondence for the Club, and keep attendance records.
4. The Treasurer will collect all monies due, keep a record of all monies received by the Club, and maintain records of monies spent by the Club. The Treasurer will distribute funds as approved by the officers of the club.
The Treasurer will maintain the official membership listing.
The Treasurer will prepare a budget for the annual transmittal to AAFB as required.
5. The Board Members will act on all matters of club policy.
Term of Office.
The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer will be elected and serve for two years. The five Board Members will be elected and serve for two years. The President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer will be elected in odd years and the 5 Board Members will be elected in even years. Nominations for club officers and board members will be conducted in November. Elections will be held at the first general meeting in December. New officers will assume their duties beginning on January 1st. of the following year.
A vacancy in any office will be filled by appointment by the club officers with such appointee terminating office at the next general election.
The transfer of information by e-mail and or Club website will constitute official notification.
1. General meetings of the Club shall be at a date, time; and place to be designated at the preceding meeting.
2. The club officers and Board members will meet a minimum of once a year to review plans, policy, financial position, and any such business that may arise.
3. A quorum of one-half of the Officers and Board Members will constitute a meeting of the Board.
4. At the discretion of the Officers and Board Members, a special meeting of the membership may be called at any time. The members in good standing will be notified by e-mail and or club website seven calendar days prior to the date.
5. Minutes of all meetings and monthly financial statements will be forwarded to the proper office as required by the AAFB.
1. The annual membership dues will be determined by the Board by November 1st.The annual membership dues are due and payable by December 31st. for the following year. Any new member or old member who pays their dues after November 1st. will credited for the following year.
The Club is responsible for its own fiscal obligations to the full extent of its resources. Operating funds will be generated by dues, special assessments, and donations. The officers of the Club have the authority to commit the Club to expenditures not to exceed $100.00. All expenditures in excess of $100.00, but not exceeding $500.00, must be approved by a simple majority of those members in attendance at a business meeting to effect authorization. All expenditures in excess of $500.00 must be approved by a simple majority of those members in attendance at a business meeting held at least 14 days after all members in good standing have been notified of the proposed expenditure. Any special assessment will be levied upon the club members with an affirmative vote of a simple majority of the members in good standing present at a club meeting held at least 14 days after all club members have been notified.
The Officers may appoint and dissolve standing committees as they deem necessary to assist in club activities.
The By-Laws may be changed by a simple majority vote of all current members in good standing present at a general meeting, provided all members have been notified 14 days in advance of the meeting.
Liquidation of Assets.
In the event of the disbanding of the Coffee Airfoilers Model Airplane Club, any remaining treasury funds after the payment of all expenses and indebtedness will be donated to the Academy of Model Aeronautics or local charities as determined by the membership.
The grievance procedure provides a mechanism to enforce existing safety rules by providing a progressive disciplinary system when needed. Although most complaints can be resolved informally, if a complaint is serious or cannot be resolved informally, the matter should be referred to the Safety Committee for its consideration by means of a grievance Form to be filled out and turned into the Safety Committee Chairman. At least one witness is required to sign the Grievance Form.
The Safety officer/Committee shall use its judgement in carrying out action on the following:
a. FIRST VIOLATION
Viewpoints of both complainants and accused will be considered. Complainant’s name will be disclosed. A verbal reprimand will be given to the accused by the Safety officer/Committee, and this will be recorded in the Club records. Written notice of this shall be issued and a copy published in the Club minutes,
b. SECOND VIOLATION
Complaint’s name will be disclosed. The accused has the right to a written rebuttal, to be reviewed by the Club Safety Officer/Committee. If the Committee so decides, the flying privileges of the accused will be suspended for thirty (30) days.
c. THIRD VIOLATION
Safety Officer/Committee will notify the accused in writing and the Club members via e-mail/webpage that the Club will vote on the expulsion of the accused at the next meeting. Said expulsion will last for a one-year minimum. A member may be expelled from the club only upon two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the membership present at the meeting. The expelled member may reapply for membership after the expiration of the expulsion time period.
d. The three actions will not be enforced unless they are accumulated within a two-year period of time
e. Any member receiving a Grievance, who directs any retaliation action against the person filing said grievance will be subject to immediate expulsion from the Club. This is to include threats, intimidation, physical harm, intentional equipment damage, or any other action deemed to be retaliatory by the Club Officers.
Copyright © 2018 Coffee Airfoilers Model RC Club - All Rights Reserved.